About Us
- ShannonandAng
- We love life, especially our life. We have 2 great kids and we just enjoy doing things together as a family.
Love and Light to all who enter this site
Love and Light to all who enter this site. This is a blog about our life, living in the mountains with our two little boys. Everything from the trials of being a same sex couple in a small town, to finding ways to keep our boys entertained, places to go and things do on a budget. The good, the bad, and the ugly for anyone who wants a good laugh, some helpful tips, or is just looking for something fun to read. Welcome, we hope you enjoy our story.
Monday, April 2, 2012
Outta the Mouths of Babes
My oldest son Logan, he's 6, went to a birthday party on Saturday. Afterwards he was spending the night at his friends house. When his friends mother came to pick them up, an adult at the party asked if he'd like to take home some cake. Logan replied, "Yes I will! My mom will like some, there are 4 people in my family, my brother and my two moms." She messaged me on FB to tell me the story, she said you could've heard a pin drop in that room, but then everyone recovered and started talking again. I busted out laughing as I read this and called Ang in immediately to read the message to her. Sweet Logan, he is so proud of his family he tells everyone about his two moms. He has yet to feel the sting of hurtful words where Ang and I are concerned. I have spoken to him about it, trying to prepare him for what is bound to be, but at his young age he totally just blew it off like OK, whatever mom.. I am very proud of my little man. I hope I can control the mama bear in me when someone hurts his heart with unkind words about the family he is so proud to be a part of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like an amazing little family you ladies are raising! Innocence is precious and how I wish our society were free from hate and discrimination. Sad that we have to prepare our children for such atrocities, as they will almost certainly be subjected to. We love, and teach as best we can and send them on their way knowing their strength and knowledge will perservere over ignorance.
ReplyDelete